Here are few tips on how to make the most of your prom limo service:
- Talk to your friends early. The demand for transportation during the spring season can be overwhelming when so many others are renting limousines for proms, weddings, and etc. Find out how many friends are interested in renting a limo, so that you can book your reservations and get the vehicle you want.
- Designate one coordinator to handle all the communications and arrangements.
- Collect the money from all your friends upfront and don’t wait till the day of the prom! Every year, we get calls from parents asking to cancel the limo service because some of their child’s friends cannot afford to pay their share and decided to cancel, thus leaving the parents responsible for the whole amount.
- Select one central location for everybody to meet, don’t waste your limousine rental time by scheduling many pick ups. Chances are somebody will not be ready and you will have to wait.
- Advise everybody to be at the pick up location 30 min prior to limousine arrival. Everybody has that one friend who is always late.
- Upon the arrival, chauffeur will introduce himself and give you his business card. Make sure everybody has his number, so you can reach him at any given time. There will be many limousines at the prom that look alike, we want to make sure you get picked up by your chauffeur when you are ready. Every year we get calls: “we are ready to be picked up, tell my driver” … ” no I don’t know his name, we are in the black car”…
- Take lots of photos! Limousines make a great backdrop for your group photo! When choosing a location for photos keep in mind that some locations are very busy with vehicular and pedestrian traffic. It might be frustrating trying to meet up with your driver.
- Choose a restaurant that does not have a long wait or long serving time. It should not take 2-3 hours to eat a meal.
- Don’t order too much, it takes time and drives the bill up. Considering proms and after parties are catered, you will not go hungry. All “to go boxes” will be placed in the trunk and, chances are, will be forgotten about by the end of the night.
- Be respectful and courteous to your driver. It is his job to get you safely to and from the prom. If he asks you to turn the music down and/or stop moving about while the vehicle is in motion, please do so.
Have fun and be safe!